Thursday, September 25, 2008

Activity #2: Pink's "So What"


The song I chose for Assignment #2 is by the artist Pink and is called “So What”. The background behind this song was one of my main reasons for designing it. Pink wrote this song herself and it is an expression of how she now feels about her divorce from her husband. I decided to only design two of the main sections of the song for space and for emphasis. These lines seemed to have the most meaning to me as compared to the other lines.

I decided to make “I” and “me” stand out by making it bold so when you first look at it, you can notice it. Another reason I did that is because Pink finally stood up for herself and is putting herself first. It shows that she is strong and bold and wants people to know that she is focusing on herself. Every word regarding her ex husband, “you”, “his”, “he” and “husband”, were put into a font that is empty on the inside. From the sound of this song, he was never there for her emotionally and I wanted to show that by having words that referred to him empty. Those words are red because I wanted them to stand out too, but in a not positive way. Other lines that I thought were important were put in bold for a greater emphasis. Certain key words were put in a “fun” font because it sounds like she is going to go out and enjoy herself now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks good. I like your take on the pronouns.

Jordan Lapetz said...

i really like this; this song saved me from my breakup haha. and how you did the project with all the fun fonts and the emphasis on the I's makes it so personal=]